- Took a ride from Keflavik airport through Akranes around Akrafjall to our accomodation in the north.
- On the way we stopped by at the Kolugljúfur waterfall and Pingeyrar chuch. Around 11 p.m., during our 'night' hike, we saw an artic fox behind our house.
- Took a ride around the Siglufjörður, a small fishing town on the northern coast, where we had a quick stop, and then through the second largest city in Iceland - Akureyri
- We visited Glaumbær - Skagafjörður Folk Museum and had a cake and a cup of coffee in a lovely cafe in a traditional house nearby.
- Then we went to see the Goðafoss, one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland.
- Day of whales and puffins! Early in the morning we went to Husavik and took a boat to observe the whales and puffins. I saw the tail and white belly of a whale and bunch of puffins. Our boat-guide told us not to eat any whale or puffin, because of the quickly decreasing number of whales living in the ocean around Iceland, and I agreed. Nice guy, I thought.
- Later that day we hiked Krafla vulcano and saw a nice Viti Crater along the way. But the highlight of the day came only in the evening -- bathing in Mývatn Nature Baths -- eutrophic lake situated in an area of active volcano activity. That was the best time on Iceland for me. Steaming natural water, fresh air, bathing till late at night. What could be better?
- Day of lava! Went to the Leirhnjukur Lava Fields and Hverir steam fields. There was a collection of steam fumaroles, some bubbling mud pots and lots of interesting colours.
- Took a ride to the east - our next accomodation at Gíslastaðir awaits.